Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha Simulator - VMware
My Carrier: (none)

Is there a way to change the shape of an image or imageButton in blackberry cascades using an image mask or alpha channel?

Is there a way to change the shape of an image or imageButton in blackberry cascades using an image mask or alpha channel or a masking colour (such as magic pink) - so that images and imageButtons don't have to be in the shape of a rectangle?

Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

Re: Is there a way to change the shape of an image or imageButton in blackberry cascades using an image mask or alpha channel?

yes, see here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Crop-image-into-certain-shape/m-p/2652731/...

But: the bounding box will still be a rectangle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Is there a way to change the shape of an image or imageButton in blackberry cascades using an image mask or alpha channel?

@pyth I think there is one from 2012 that hasn't been answered as well.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

that's off-topic, if you want to complain, please open a new thread Smiley Very Happy

nah, joke aside, it's cool. I was searching for that functionality myself, and found three unanswered threads to this topic. Used stackoverflow, found a good solution, answered the November thread, and since this thread was just a few months ago, I posted here too. Obviously, the 2012 thread is too old, but if you want to, you can post a link to this thread, which links to the thread with the solution

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o