Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

lynnard
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2

Is there anyway to intercept the notifications on the phone?

I'm using a Pebble at the moment and the app I'm using right now is Talk2Watch. I noticed that it's using its own application-level mechanisms to pull in notifications on Facebook and Twitter, which I feel not as elegant as the same apps are running side by side in the background. Is there any way in the SDK that allows for the interception of notifications?

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Is there anyway to intercept the notifications on the phone?

Wecome to the forums, you can definately look for incoming notifications and edit or delete them.

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/cascades/platform_notifications.html

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

BBSJdev wrote:

Wecome to the forums, you can definately look for incoming notifications and edit or delete them.

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/cascades/platform_notifications.html

I think he wants to know if he can intercept system or application generated notifications.

I would like to know to when apps like BBWorld generates a notification message in the Notification hub.

Please use plain text.
lynnard
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2

@smiley You're right I'm interested in knowing notifications sent by other apps. From the doc it seems easy to generate notifications for your own particular app, but it isn't clear how to intercept those generated by others.

I know this will involve security side problems, but in fact what I only need to know is the content and the timing of the notifications. Maybe there's some hack to achieve this...?

Please use plain text.