Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
skbb10
My Device: z10,q10
My Carrier: fdf

Issue in gridView with rowselection

Hi,

I have created gridview by using girdlistlayout and listview.All items showing in grid manner.As per my requirement to select one particular row with highlight mode.It's working in cell level.can anyone plz guide me how to achieve entire row selection when user taps any of the cell on that corresponding row.

Thanks in advance

sk

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Issue in gridView with rowselection

[ Edited ]

This kind of selection is not really supported, you would have to manually select each element in the row programmatically.

Again there may be a way to fake it where you place a coloured container underneath the row that has the width of the ListView and the height of the cell, with the x position set to the x position of the ListView and the y set to the y postion of the cell.

If I had this problem I would probably go down the CustomControl route.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Issue in gridView with rowselection

Another way to fake it with be to resort back to a normal ListView with a Custom ListItem that way you could do a normal highlight for the row and have individual control over the elements within the ListView ListItem.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.