Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
dennisschneider
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: O2

Issues with slog2info

I used to get the slog2info output via ssh for debugging. Unfortunately that stopped working for me. When I connect via ssh to my dev alpha device and do a "slog2info -w" the screen stays blank. Is there a way to reinitialize that service ? Restarting the device did not help. Did anyone else experiencing this behavior ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Issues with slog2info

And you're still seeing nothing even when you run a development-mode app after typing that? (Note: if you've switched to the Project Zygote stuff and are using a Device-Release build, I don't think you see anything now. Build for Device-Debug in that case.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jeetak47
My Device: BB 10 dev Alpha
My Carrier: BSNL

slog2info is not working with normal  ssh I think it may be problem with your debug token that contain certificate key

but it is working with  Eclipse IDE when you have valid debug token set. Then you have to select Blackberry SSH option with in Terminal window

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dennisschneider

I build my app using the "device-debug" profile and invoke it via the "debug as" dialog. I use "Launch SSH Session" in Eclipse's Target Navigator and the debug token is valid, but still have no output. When I register a a message handler using qInstallMsgHandler I get but some output in the console, but no JS console.logs from my QML- files.

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

Try with Device Log view in momentics. Sometimes slog2info refuses to display logs, either restart momentics or device or delete target and re-add it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dennisschneider

Thx, for your replies!  I just created a new target and opened up the device log. I get some INFOs, NOTICEs and WARNINGs, but not a single qt-message at all. Still can't read my JS console.logs...do I have to enable qt-messages manually somehow ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

Top left drop-down in device log, select your app, not "any/all". QML logs and c++ display fine for me.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
lew
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

[ Edited ]

i'm gonna make a guess at this:

if you converted your project to the gold release, it might be related to the following config of your .pro file:

beta4:

CONFIG += qt warn_on debug_and_release cascades

gold:

CONFIG += qt warn_on cascades10

just a guess....haven't tested this mysef! (im using the qInstallMsgHandler and haven't had any issue with my logs)

Edit: i was wrong: just tested this...logs work fine with ssh slog2info with or without the debug_and_release config in ,pro file

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dennisschneider

I selected my app within the "DeviceLog"- dialog (BufferSet) but get no messages from the qml files. I created a new empty standart cascades project just for testing purposes and get the same result... something seems to be really messed up

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dennisschneider

have still made no progress on that ... do you guys think it might be helpfull to reset / wipe the device and do a clean install ? It's strange that just the messages from QML files (qt-msg) seem to be missing

Please use plain text.