Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

samztech
My Device: Z10

Issues with visual look on app after publish but runs good in bb simulator?

Hello,

According to my developer everything looks 100% accurate  on the BB simulator, and the app functions perfectly on IOS and Android however on the Z10 there is a white line on the base of the screen, and on the Q10 the screen looks like it has been stretched.

The issue is that it looks fine on the simulator however after release these issues came to light....

Has anyone had any similar issues with any white line or the app's visual appearance looking stretched?

Please use plain text.
Developer
DrShavargo
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Issues with visual look on app after publish but runs good in bb simulator?

Did your developer use different sizes for his assets, depending on the device being used? Using the same layout/asset sizes between a Z10(1280x768) and a Q10(768x768) will result in stretched or squished looking screens.

As for the white line, that's probably some of the background showing through an asset. Could you post an image of the line?

Lastly, remind him to always test an app on a device multiple times before submitting it.

----------------------------------------
Remember to mark the thread as solved at the post that solved your problem, and if you like a post, like it!
Please use plain text.
Developer
kamalakshan
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook

Re: Issues with visual look on app after publish but runs good in bb simulator?

Yes, testing on device is highly recommended before release. And one cannot compare the performance and look and feel in iOS and Android to that of BB10.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Please use plain text.