Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
Developer
My Device: blackberry z10

Keyboard shortcut - go to next build error

Hello.

Does anybody know of a way to navigate to the next error after a build by using the keyboard alone?

Thanks in Advance.

Developer
My Device: Z30, Z10 LE, DevAlpha C, PlayBook

Re: Keyboard shortcut - go to next build error

[ Edited ]

Shortcuts are the same as in Eclipse.

On Mac:

Go to next error: Cmd .

Go to previous error: Cmd ,

Show quick fixes: Cmd 1

On Windows:

Ctrl .

Ctrl ,

Ctrl 1

upd: This won't switch between files though. A suggestion from StackOverflow is using Cmd-F7 (Ctrl-F7 on Windows) to switch between Editor and Problems View, pressing down arrow to pick the topmost error and ENTER for choosing it.

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
Developer
Developer

Thanks for the helpful reply.

Yes I had tried the windows shortcuts as you also suggested but not switching to the appropriate file makes its pretty useless.

If I open the Problems view then the errors are collapsed (with a + symbol). I need to click on them to expand so I can move up/down with the arrow keys. It seems impossible to expand without the mouse which defeats the purpose.

(CTRL+numeric plus etc dont expand it).

In my console window there are two arrow buttons "Next Error" and "Previous Error" which open the appropriate file. Its a pity that one cant access these with a keyboard shortcut. Its hard to imaginge such a rudimentary and often used part of the code-build-correct iteration doesnt have a shortcut nd cant aparrently be given one.

Developer
Developer

Ps Probably doesnt matter but Im using Linux

Developer
My Device: Z30, Z10 LE, DevAlpha C, PlayBook

They can be expanded using right arrow key.

Also grouping can be disabled in popup menu shown by clicking on the small arrow at the right side of Problems window.

This StackOverflow thread has a solution with binding a hotkey using an external app but I haven't tried this.

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter