Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Super Contributor
JeffLemon
My Device: Playbook

Launch Failed No Binaries

Im testing on device and can no longer build and deploy apps to my device as the following error appears:

Launch Failed No Binaries

Here's my build log:

**** Build of configuration Device-Debug for project Drums_0.0.6 ****

make Device-Debug 
make -C .//translations -f Makefile update
make[1]: Entering directory `/Users/Jared/Documents/Apps/BlackBerry/Blackberry10Tutorials/Drums_0.0.6/translations'
/Applications/bbndk/host_10_0_9_284/darwin/x86/usr/bin/lupdate Drums_0_0_6.pro
Updating 'Drums_0_0_6.ts'...
    Found 0 source text(s) (0 new and 0 already existing)
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/Jared/Documents/Apps/BlackBerry/Blackberry10Tutorials/Drums_0.0.6/translations'
make -C .//translations -f Makefile release
make[1]: Entering directory `/Users/Jared/Documents/Apps/BlackBerry/Blackberry10Tutorials/Drums_0.0.6/translations'
/Applications/bbndk/host_10_0_9_284/darwin/x86/usr/bin/lrelease Drums_0_0_6.pro
Updating '/Users/Jared/Documents/Apps/BlackBerry/Blackberry10Tutorials/Drums_0.0.6/translations/Drums_0_0_6.qm'...
    Generated 0 translation(s) (0 finished and 0 unfinished)
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/Jared/Documents/Apps/BlackBerry/Blackberry10Tutorials/Drums_0.0.6/translations'
make -C ./arm -f Makefile debug
make[1]: Entering directory `/Users/Jared/Documents/Apps/BlackBerry/Blackberry10Tutorials/Drums_0.0.6/arm'
make -f Makefile.Debug
make[2]: Entering directory `/Users/Jared/Documents/Apps/BlackBerry/Blackberry10Tutorials/Drums_0.0.6/arm'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `first'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/Users/Jared/Documents/Apps/BlackBerry/Blackberry10Tutorials/Drums_0.0.6/arm'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/Jared/Documents/Apps/BlackBerry/Blackberry10Tutorials/Drums_0.0.6/arm'

**** Build Finished ****

What's going wrong?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JeffLemon

Re: Launch Failed No Binaries

Also I have just created a new project, done nothing to the porject, compiled it and tried to run it and get the same error.

I do not get the error when running a cascades example from the git repositry though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JeffLemon

Nevermind, fixed it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dearsina
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

how did you fix it? i have the same issue! thanks!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JeffLemon

You need to create a new project. The issue is that when you create a new app, instead of calling the main class app.cpp, app.h. It now calls them for example, AngryBirds.app, AngryBirds.h (the name of your app).

The compiler does not like the word app in the main class. Plus in the new version of the IDE the main class is slightly different.

So create a new project, and copy all your stuff from your old project across, changing app.ccp/h to yourAppName.ccp/h.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
vaishali28
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I have created the new project and changed the name of .cpp/.h with the same name as that of my project but still i am getting the same error.

I am stuck in this error from the past few day and still i didn't get any reply..

Can you tell me. Whats the problem??

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcebryk
My Device: 9790

Did you correctly create new project? Did you check if it compiles and runs on the device?

Lublin BlackBerry Developer Group

---
If I helped you please mark my response as solution or "Like" it.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
vaishali28
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Finally i got the solution .

Actually i was not including a Lib in .pro file that is why its giving an error.

Anyways thanks for the reply...:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.