Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
smacmartin
My Carrier: developer

Re: Listview not loading datamodel

Do you still have the original version?

Can you check the value of myDataModel after the findChild?  Did it find one?

I'm also wondering if the original data model was being deleted on the second setScene.  If it is, that would explain things, but if it isn't, you may have a memory leak here.

Stuart

Please use plain text.
Developer
vingilot
My Carrier: Wind

Thanks Stuart, I unfortunately have changed it considerably since the original, but I believe I have recreated it to check this, with the findChild method of doing it the listview never shows anything, as if the datamodel was not found and the listview is being loaded with an empty datamodel, but I am not sure how to verify the value of the dataModel as you suggested, what would be the best way to test this besides trying to load a listview with the datamodel? 

In regards to your last point, I did not observe if it was deleted on the second setScene, I  will attempt to determine if there was a memory leak there, Ibut  believe it must have been resolved in this new implementation. Thanks for exploring this further. 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
smacmartin
My Carrier: developer

I suspect you have the correct handling now.   Does all seem to be working now?  (If so, please accept a solution; otherwise, ask away!)

(BTW, git is a useful way to do your own version control on your own development.  Make sure you have appropriate backup!)

Stuart

Please use plain text.
Developer
vingilot
My Carrier: Wind

yes, it is all working now, I wasn't sure if I should close it since we might keep discussing what went wrong initially :smileyhappy:, I will close it now though and will take your advice on git. Thanks again!

Please use plain text.