Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
omjb13
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: DoCoMo

Lost my binaries, any way to get them back from old releases?

Hey everyone,

About a month ago, I made five cascades applications and submitted them for approval. Since then, my hard disk crashed, and I completely lost all my data, including of course the source and binaries of the applications I submitted.

So yesterday I receieved an email informing me that three of my applications had been rejected because they contained artwork of a competing product/device. I would be more than happy to change said artwork, and I did, only to find that I could not re-use an old release for submission, and would have to upload the file bundle for my apps again, which of course I do not have.

So is there any way for me to get the old binaries that I submitted for approval back, or as an alternative, get my apps re-evaluated using the old binaries but new artwork? 

Or does this really mean that the 40+ hours I put in were for nothing?

Just a quick side question here: Is it normal for apps to take in excess of a month to be reviewed? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
steve_web
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Lost my binaries, any way to get them back from old releases?

If the artwork issue was on your screenshots/collateral then you can just modify those.

But if artwork in your binary was the issue you'll need a new binary.

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
omjb13
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: DoCoMo

Re: Lost my binaries, any way to get them back from old releases?

I tried that. I moved the App to drafts, tried changing the artwork around, and saving it. Then, it asked me to add a release, and adding a release requires a filebundle. 

Please use plain text.