Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
theoradu
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: O2

Lots of problems with Beta 4

Everything looks broken in Beta 4. Even the BB official samples stopped working. I have just downloaded the bucketlist app from github and I get these errors when trying to debug it on the simulator:

warning: Corrupted shared library list: 0x0 != 0x810bc00

warning: can't find linker symbol for virtual table for `BucketListApp' value

warning: Corrupted shared library list: 0x0 != 0x810bc00

warning: Could not load shared library symbols for img_codec_png.so.

Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"?

Also, I've noticed the IDE picks up a lot of syntax errors now (even in an empty app). It says it can not find QLocale, QTranslator and QtNetwork/QNetworkReply.

Am I doing something wrong? Everything worked just fine in the previous release...

Please use plain text.
Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Lots of problems with Beta 4

I'll have to agree with ya here.... the sample apps have gone crazy, photobomber shoots the flash when it launches.... nowhere in the source does it call for a flash

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theoradu

This is very disappointing. I can't really do any work on my app until these bugs are fixed.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Beta 4 is inded a lot less stable than beta 3. Luckily we'll have beta 5 in 10 days. But make sure you report bugs to in Jira and to @BlackBerryDev, or they might not get fixed.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theoradu

It seems that the QtCore library is not loaded by default. After adding it manually, I no longer get the syntax errors. This doesn't fix everything though, I'm guessing that the library is missing from the OS as well...

Please use plain text.
Developer
bobdodd
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: -

I also had weird problems when I swtiched to Beta 4.

I found that cleaining and rebuilding the project made most of them go away. Maybe you could try that?

One poblem that didn't go away was that some of my projects just wouldn't open.  The only way I could get the prjects to open was to re-import them to a new clean workspace. Very odd. If  clean/rebuild doesn't work for you, then maybe you could try the same.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theoradu

I have tried both cleaning the project and recreating it from scratch. I even reinstalled the NDK a few times. The errors exist even in the templates that come with the NDK. I just think this is a bad build and there's nothing we can do until the next version becomes available.
Please use plain text.