Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: Koodo
Accepted Solution

Making a gallery of images as context menu

Hi, Im fairly new at the cascade environment and I was wondering if its possible to make a custom context menu that lets you browse different pictures like this image of a picasa viewer. the one Im talking about is at the bottom of the image. Im thinking of using ListView inside the menu but Im not sure if its possible. I like to also ask how to position where the context menu would pop up in a page. Any help, advice or even a link to a sample code would be appreciated. thanks in advance

picasa image

Developer
My Device: Z30, Z10 LE, DevAlpha C, PlayBook

Re: Making a gallery of images as context menu

Hi,
This level of control isn't possible using context menu, but I think you can easily simulate it using multiple Containers. ListView can be placed into the bottom one.

A possible design is to use an AbsoluteLayout to slide the bottom container into view with animation. Attach LayoutUpdateHandler to main container to adjust container dimensions on screen rotation and to get initial screen size to place the bottom container off-screen.

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
Contributor
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Making a gallery of images as context menu

That could be a good solution. I just have to know how to apply a swipe gesture of a button to simulate the opening of the menu though it would be helpful to get a link of a sample code rather than searching it through google for hours