Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Fido

MapView basics.

Hi,

My experience with MapView so far has been pretty bad to say the least. Basically, everytime I would scroll my map to (from left to right) it would crash.

I would like to know the proper way to use MapView, maybe a link to a good tutorial or some example code.

I basically have the latitude and longitude of the point of interest, I would like a pin on the map at this location, and I would like the user to have the ability to navigate to this pin from his/her present location. Is this all built in??

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: MapView basics.

You are probably doing most things right, if the samples haven't helped you then post your code here and someone will see if there is something obvious crashing it.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Super Contributor

Sorry,

It actually seems to be working now, no more crashing, maybe this was a bug but has been fixed in the last update? I did actually create a ticket for the issue.

Now that the crashing issue is (seemingly) okay, can my simple MapView allow the user to use navigation?

Also, another problem. I am going to have to disable the "swipe to go back" gesture because when I try to scroll my map it sometimes brings me back to the previous screen.

Developer

I've had a JIRA ticket in for the peek problem for controls that need a swipe left to right for the last 6 months now.

Either BlackBerry can't do anything to fix it or refuse to.

I suggested turning off peek at the control level in the ticket.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can peek be disabled for a Page? I'm pretty sure Sheet does, I might have to use that.

Developer

Yes you can use the peekEnabled property set to false in the NavigationPane or TabbedPane.