Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
dbigham
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Menus With Multiple Toggles (Like Camera App)

The BB10 camera app has a unique menu that allows a few toggle images in some of the menu items. (such as which flash mode you'd like).

Can this kind of thing be accomplished in third party apps?  If so, how is that done?

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: Menus With Multiple Toggles (Like Camera App)

Not with Native apis no.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
dbigham

Developer
dkonigs
My Device: Passport

Actually, it can be accomplished.  The Camera app isn't doing anything "special", so you can do exactly what it does.

You can't do it with a normal Cascades action menu, so the Camera app probably isn't using a normal Cascades action menu for it.

You basically have to use Cascades to create a collection of completely custom controls that mimic the appearance of the menu, except for those behavioral differences.  This is a lot of work, and no I don't have sample code to show.  But it is do-able.

Developer
dbigham

Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10

[ Edited ]

during my short time coding i quickly learned anything is do-able if you're willing to put the time and effor into it :s

I have a mostly functional version of this

essentially it's just a container with more containers that make up multi functional boxes

only tricky part was swipe to close, instead of going smoothly it  tends to go crazy :smileywink: