11-26-2011 01:35 PM
I'd like to use this thread for reports of minor documentation bugs: ones that aren't open to interpretation and are preferably simple typos that could be fixed without effort. The overhead of using Jira to report problems such as this seems pretty high for both sides (us reporters, and RIM/QNX responders) and at the moment that (Jira) is where the "Give feedback" link takes you from the NDK API reference pages.
Suggestions (until someone at RIM suggests a different approach):
0. use this thread only for clear errors, not to request additions to the content
1. one message per issue in this thread
2. always include a link to the relevant page of the docs on the web: they appear to mirror what you'll see in the IDE help
3. no discussion unless it's a followup to correct a misreported problem, in which case please include a link to the original report by copying the URL from the "Message X of Y" link that's under "Report Inappropriate Content" to the left of each message here. If you feel discussion is needed, start a separate thread and, only add to this thread once a conclusion is reached. I think "noise" or off-topic discussion in this thread will completely defeat its purpose.
11-26-2011 01:39 PM
On the screen_get_display_property_*() page it lists SCREEN_POWER_MODE which is not defined in screen/screen.h.
It should be SCREEN_PROPERTY_POWER_MODE.
11-26-2011 01:41 PM
On the screen_set_display_property_*() page it has two problems:
1. "SCREEN_POWER_MODE" is used where it should read "SCREEN_PROPERTY_POWER_MODE" (per screen/screen.h)
2. The description under the separate item SCREEN_PROPERTY_MODE reads "A single integer that defines the power mode of the current display." This should presumably refer to the "current video mode" and not the power mode.