Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
objectref
My Device: N/A
Accepted Solution

Momentics C++ compiler questions.

Hi to all here!

I just started playing with BlackBerry development, i installed Momentics 2.1 and BB 10.3 SDK on Windows 8.1, the Simulator and all seems to be working just fine.

However, i want to ask something about the C++ compiler that Monetics IDE is using:

a. I see that the default toolchain is a "QNX QCC". Is this some custom version of GCC ?

b. I tried to use some features of C++11 but got compilation errors. Is there a place on the IDE where should i put the "  -Wc,-std=gnu++0x" and i will be fine or not ? Is C++11 supportes at all ?

c. What is the difference between "QNX QCC" (that seems to be the default) and "QNX Multi-toolchain ? Which one should i be using ?

Thanks a lot for any help on this.

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Momentics C++ compiler questions.

welcome to the support forums.

no clue about the other two, but c++ 11 is not supported.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer
objectref
My Device: N/A

Thanks for the ultra fast reply!

Hmm...so, no C++11 in BB dev...Do you know if it is coming or is at their plans at all ?

Thank you, again, for the help.

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

There are no public plans about anything like that. We are also waiting for Qt5 support, but that does not seem to high on their todo list as well.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Retired
doturner
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

C++11 is supported, it's just the Cascades/C++11 library features which are currently unsupported.

More here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/C-11-and-BlackBerry-10/m-p/2985632