Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

Momentics New C++ Class dialog - can't add base classes

[ Edited ]

This worked fine on Momentics 10.1, but with 10.2 when I want to create a new C++ class I often don't get a correct list of base classes to inherit from. For instance, say I want to create a new class that inherits from Container. I give the class a name, then click on "Add" to select the base class, but when I start typing "con" in the popup I don't get Container as a choice, just "const_iterator" and "ConstMemberFunctionWrapper". Since you can't just type in your own name to use if it isn't included in the list, there is no way to choose Container as the base class. The only solution is to create the class with no ancestor and then add the inheritance later in the created header file.

What is strange though is that sometimes it DOES work, although most of the time it doesn't.

Also, is it just me, or it it almost impossible to intelligently search for similar posts on this board before posting a new question? The search function here is abominable.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.
Retired
robbieDubya
My Device: Q10

Re: Momentics New C++ Class dialog - can't add base classes

Hi,

Is the fully qualified name working for you?

eg: bb::cascades::Co

--
Rob is no longer associated with BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr

Nope, already tried that before posting but forgot to mention it.

robbieDubya wrote:

Hi,

Is the fully qualified name working for you?

eg: bb::cascades::Co

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.
Retired
robbieDubya
My Device: Q10

I'll ask around...

--
Rob is no longer associated with BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr

UPDATE: Now all of a sudden it is working properly again every time I create a new class. I didn't change anything and suddenly it works. This is not the first time this has happened, Momentics just seems to randomly decide not to give me the inheritance list for no apparent reason, then gives it back other times.

As stated in my OP, this is new with Momentics 10.2... 10.0 and 10.1 didn't exhibit this problem.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

I look forward to you reporting on what the problem and the subsequant fix is...

greenmr wrote:

Actually no. Anything that fixes itself is a symptom of hidden problems. If I can't explain why something suddenly started working by itself I know it will jump out and bite me later.

Too easy! :Devil2:

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr

Yup... exactly the kind of situation I was talking about, although in this case it's not my code that in intermittent, it's the Momentics IDE.

It's very strange because I'm creating quite a few custom classes right now, inherited from various QObject types, mostly Container. Momentics will happily allow me to inherit from Container for a few, then the next few I can't choose from any Cascades types, then all of a sudden I can again. I can't see any pattern.

BBSJdev wrote:

I look forward to you reporting on what the problem and the subsequant fix is...

greenmr wrote:

Actually no. Anything that fixes itself is a symptom of hidden problems. If I can't explain why something suddenly started working by itself I know it will jump out and bite me later.

Too easy! :Devil2:

Please use plain text.