Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 & Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Momentics not responding to keyboard randomly

I am currently in the process of re-installing the cascades SDK just because of this... but while the installer downloads, I figured I'd come on here to ask if anyone else is experiencing this problem too.

I'm on OS X 10.8.1 and I was trying to do some development today. I launched Momentics and because it launches from a terminal window, I left that window visible.

About 75% of my keyboard activity was not going through to Momentics. This problem was exclusive to the IDE.

Looking at the terminal, it looked like it was "deferring" something right before it would stop responding to keyboard presses. The mouse would generally work fine, and if I clicked around the code area and then tried to continue typing again, it would work again for a short bit before dropping off again.

I especially noticed that when I tabbed twice in the code area, the second tab would end up focusing on the menu buttons up at the top of the IDE instead of continuing to tab in the code editor.

Anyone have these problems before?

If I reinstall and it happens again, I will post some of the messages in the terminal.

Developer

Re: Momentics not responding to keyboard randomly

Update to my situation... Upgraded OS X to 10.8.2 and reinstalled the SDK. Still experiencing the same problem.

When I click on a line of code and hit the up arrow twice, I get this in the terminal window:

Event status: selection? true; semantic? true; content update? true
Event status: selection? true; semantic? true; content update? true

Then it does this and locks up:

Event status: selection? false; semantic? false; content update? true
--- Scheduling task: Deferred update # 9
--- Running: Deferred update # 9 ---
Setting QML file '.preview-5303025171872225212qml~' for engine '1469361840' on thread 'Thread[Thread-8,5,main]'
QObject::installEventFilter(): Cannot filter events for objects in a different thread.
Please use bb::cascades::Application to instantiate application
QObject::setParent: Cannot set parent, new parent is in a different thread
--- Done. (Took 143,582,000ns) ---

After this, the only way to get it to respond to keyboard presses again is to click on the code again.

Any ideas?

Developer

Re: Momentics not responding to keyboard randomly

[ Edited ]

Apologies for the triple-post... It's been a problem in progress.

I just created a fresh, new workspace and the problem magically disappeared. I'm not sure what's wrong with my old workspace.

Thankfully that particular workspace was being used only for testing some sample apps and creating my own dummy apps so I'm fine with moving on from it. But I will be extremely disappointed if it happens again on a more important workspace. That is why I won't be marking this as a solved problem as of yet, in case someone with some insight could potentially respond.

EDIT: Further investigation has lead me to reproduce this yet again on my new workspace.

When I alter the width of the sidebar for QML Properties, it seems to start up again. And it seems like I can use the keyboard all I want on the code view, that is until I navigate the cursor over a control that pops up something in the QML Properties section. Once something shows up in that sidebar, it seems that the focus is lost and the cursor no longer responds. Tabbing just takes the cursor elsewhere in the IDE.

I'll continue to investigate.

NEW EDIT: I narrowed it down a bit more. Looks like it only occurs when I turn on a split code/design view mode where I can see the previewed QML view. When I go back to code only view, it seems like it stops occurring.