Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Visitor
HelloKitty
My Device: Playbook, BB9800

More tutorials?

I just started learning C++ a few weeks ago and could anyone help me a little?

I found out that I need to get some extra libraries to include textboxes and so, and found QT and SDL for Playbook on Github, that could help me with what I needed. But can anyone tell me how I get to include it in Momentics after I downloaded it?

Also, do anyone know of a tuturial that show how I can work with different Windows/views like you do in FLEX?

Contributor
delcasda
My Device: playbook

Re: More tutorials?

Kind of same problem here. I just posted a query with a similar question regarding using Box2d for playbook on github but it looks to be C++ abd the examples con Momentics are just C. Hope somebody can bring us some light soon

Developer
raquibulbari
My Device: Torch 9800

I was also trying to use Box2D example from github. Was not sure what to do as I am new in C/C++.
This linked helped me, after this i could import other projects too.
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-SDK-for-BlackBerry-Tablet/Box2D-setup/m-p/1530859

So steps for say Box2d
download the zip package from github
extract to anyplace

Now from your NDK IDE, import existing projects
Select the root folder where you extracted.
This will import box2d library project
Now in order to see a sample, again import project and this time you can select HelloWorld from that directory or box2dtestbed project.

Now build and run. While you run if you see an error like
Error: File or dir does not exist: C:\bbndk-2.0.0-beta3\target\target-override\armle-v7\usr\lib\libbps.so"
from your bar-descriptior.xml remove the line which has libbps.so. The first removal will work.

Build and run and it should work. I now also imported bullet project and it also has the same issue. But resolved and successfully ran in my playbook

There should be a beginner guidelines on how to use these rich sample projects.

----------------------
Press like if you find a message helpful
---------
Developer
VivekAgar
My Device: 9700

hi, raquibul

i have same problemas in set up Cocos2Dx in NDK, 

Downloaded zip from Git repo , import projects in NDk, there is 3 Box2d, 3 Cocos2dX projects , some are BADA SDK port, Qnx and linux proj ,i got little confused.

tried to import QNX projects and builded But got errors.

which are needed to use in NDK, i am GameDeveloper and will need BOx2D and Cocos2D x, 

plz post Details step by step ...this will be really helpful for  all.         .:Clap:

Developer
raquibulbari
My Device: Torch 9800

If you detail about what error you are seeing specifically then others could help you.
----------------------
Press like if you find a message helpful
---------