Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
Accepted Solution

NDK Build Version problem?

I updated my Dev alpha device yesterday to the latest version when I was told to by my Blackberry Desktop software. I went into QNX Momentics IDE and continued development on my project which was working before on my device. Now when I debug it I get a pop up message that says:

"The application you are launching is built against a different Native SDK version (10.0.6.543) than your device version (10.0.6.671). Using a different Native SDK will cause issued during debugging. Would you like to proceed?"

I figured I needed to get the latest NDK version. so I uninstalled my current one and redownloaded the latest from the Blackberry site. I still get this error even after a fresh install of the build. Is there a way to update my NDK that is just not clear on your site?

Thanks,

Developer
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha A

Re: NDK Build Version problem?

I get the same error now after upgrading my Dev Alpha to 10.0.6.671 today.

But the latest NDK archive file is still this one:

installer-bbndk-BB10_0_06-win32-543-201207171612-201208070655.exe

which is obviously the same version 10.0.6.543 I have already downloaded and installed before. Hence I did not reinstall the NDK. I just ignored the error and I haven't found any new problems yet. 

New Contributor

So I did some more investigation. What I realized is that yes some code works if I ignore the message like the "HelloCascades" for example. However,  I believe my source doesnt work because i'm using the camera. I tested my theory by trying the "PhotoBomber" app and discovered I was correct. The new build has issues with Camera. I'll find the detailed error message when I get home from work but you can reproduce it with the "PhotoBomber" sample. Anyone else experience this?

Developer
My Device: Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30, PlayBook

I posted on this topic here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Fix-for-BlackBerry-10-Dev-Alpha-Program-Ha...

and was told there is no functional difference and the warning can be safely ignored.

---
If you find my post helpful please "like" it and "accept as a solution"
New Contributor

I'll post my Camera problem in a new thread when I know better details tonight. Thanks guys!