Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
Someone
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

NDK Spewing Errors

Whenever I write anything, or import a sample project (unedited), the compiler spews errors about that. Errors that I've never seen before. I'm on Windows XP 32-bit. For example, one sample project (provided on the blackberry website) gives me 60+ errors. Completely unedited. I can't fix these errors because they're related to the most basic of things that should work. There's no cause for them. The only error that seems to have a cause shouldn't. I don't have it to hand right now, but it says something like: "error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__'  before XXXXX", and that happens usually with #typedef's or when a #ifndef is used. The other errors are mostly regarding things being undeclared, when they have been declared.

Any ideas why this is happening? The code obviously works for other people otherwise it wouldn't be published on the NDK site.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1418, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

Re: NDK Spewing Errors

Are you sure you created the project correctly? If you imported the project then it might be a bug in the posted example code.
---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.