Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
lewellyn
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

NDK broken on OS X Snow Leopard

On my OS X 10.6.8 system, I seem to be unable to effectively use the NDK, as everything appears to be compiled in such a way that it's unusable to me:

-bash: /Developer/SDKs/bbndk-1.0/host/macosx/x86/usr/bin/make: Bad CPU type in executable

Is there anyone watching this forum on 10.6.8 who can confirm that they also see this behavior, or perhaps knows a workaround? :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Like this post too! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
lewellyn

Re: NDK broken on OS X Snow Leopard

Doh. Turns out that my CPU is only 32-bit and I had sworn it's 64-bit. Guess that would explain it.

Perhaps the installer should detect this situation and prohibit installation on 32-bit hosts? :smileyhappy:

Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
elena_laskavaia

Our installer suppose to be 32bit (and 64 bit suppose to just run in backward compatibility mode), can you plese report this issue to jira

Please use plain text.
Developer
lewellyn

This is now finally filed as:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TOOL-309

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
elena_laskavaia

Sorry, apparenlty 32 bit mac is not supported and there is no plans on supporting it in near future :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Developer
lewellyn

So the system requirements and installer need to be updated accordingly. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.