Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
coolpowers
My Device: Developer
Accepted Solution

NDK development OK on Windows 8 (not simulator)?

I need to update my 64-bit Win7 install to Win8. I know the BB10 simulator currently doesn't run in 8, but can I still build with Momentics and deploy to the dev alpha device without problems?

Developer
guignards
My Device: Bold 9780 + 32GB Playbook, Dev Alpha B & C

Re: NDK development OK on Windows 8 (not simulator)?

Im currently developing on Win8

Beta 4 and the newest Vmware run great also with the new Beta 4 sim, 

What you have to do, is run the instal file in compatability mode (right Click and select "Trouble Shoot Compatability")

This will give you the option to first try and run it using windows XP compatability, this may or may not work, follow the prompts by selecting that it didn't work and that you have had it work with a previous version of wndows. 

this will then give you the option to run it in compatability mode under windows 7, this is what i did and it works fine for me. Hope it works for you 

On a completely seperate note.. what's the deal with the Beta 4 fonts, it messed up all my apps fonts and will not allow me to resize them, anyone else see this problem? or was it maybe just a bad install on my part? maybe a glitch in the windows 8 development software?

Contributor
coolpowers
My Device: Developer

Re: NDK development OK on Windows 8 (not simulator)?

Thanks. I don't really want to update, but Windows Phone 8 is forcing my hand.