Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

NDK -> WebWorks - project partner needed

There is a lot of demand for things that Web Works doesn't do with the current APIs

I'm old-school when it comes to C (stopped writing it regularly about the time they added two pluses to it)

I could do with someone to collaborate with me on a community project to automate the framework of a new Native Extension for BB10

I've got as far as writing a rather basic synchronous extension, fortunately the extension don't need Asynch as it's a Q+A bit of maths

This gets me to the point of my problem

Native Extensions expect C++ as a wrapper - a simple send info, return info is easy enough

What I'm after is some boiler-plate for JSON, events and data types

The end product will be a web site whereby you enter your specs for the extension and it returns the outline code for you to fill in the actual functionality

This is actually easier than it may sound and will help a lot of our peers

My problem is that I have little concept of the linkage required between C++ and the calling object - e.g. how do I send and return JSON, how to I trigger an event - that kinda stuff.

I'm very helpful in the Web Works forums. Hopefully there are one or two Me's in the NDK ones

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: NDK -> WebWorks - project partner needed

You can code your native extensions in C-style code. It's actually the way I am coding the ones I'm working on.