Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: O2

NFC Emulation supported readers

I'm working on a project where I'm trying to process NFC events within my native application, and respond as if it was a secure element.  Various articles and demonstration projects have helped me get this going, in particular my code is quite similar to NfcTool. 

However, it seems that I'm only able to process incoming NFC events when using an ACR122 reader. When using my (normal use) OmniKey 5321 I ONLY get the NFC_ISO14443_4_EVENT_CODE_EVENT events. I NEVER get any NFC_ISO14443_4_COMMAND_EVENT and thus cannot process or return any APDUs. I'm using GPShell and I'm definitely connected to the contactless driver of the omnikey.

I was wondering whether anyone knew whether all readers were supported, or whether there was a trick in the identifier or historical data to make it work on omnikey readers? In the mean time I'll keep on using the ACR reader, but I do need to understand whether all readers should be supported.

Thanks,

James

Retired
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: NFC Emulation supported readers

Hi,

I use an OmniKey 5321 v2, on Windows 7 - and it definitely works with the device.

In fact - i sometimes see too much traffic. Windows 7 queries for security/identity related applets - making it harder to debug what I'm working on.

It also appears that while Windows is talking to the device, GPShell sometimes blocks.

Do you see any errors in GPShell?

Have you disabled any technology types in OmniKey WorkBench?

Thanks!

--
Rob is no longer associated with BlackBerry.
Contributor

Hi

Thanks for the response. I'm on Windows 8 and I'm not sure whether it's v1 or 2, it doesn't say so could be v1.

When using the ACR I am seeing a lot of initialise traffic from windows, a lot of selects on unknown aid's. 

GPShell is hanging during a card_connect, and eventually times out (or bails if I remove the phone). I don't have the workbench installed, but I'll install now and try again.

James

Retired

As a test - do you see connections to other devices with GPShell + OmniKey? eg: can you connect to and open PPSE on your credit card?

--
Contributor

Yes absolutely. I can see the FCI of a payment applet on SELECT & some GET DATA on record x0114. 

James

Contributor

I've installed the workbench, no options seem valid & everything I can see is enabled / default. I hit antenna on a couple of times for **bleep**s.. 

Inspecting this a little further, it seems that I can get it to work if NFC is enabled (nfc_start_iso14443_4_emulation) when the phone is already on the reader. If I enable emulation (i.e. start the app), then place the phone on the reader, I only get the CODE / SELECTED, and nothing beyond.

James

Retired

That's odd! What OS version are you running?

--
Contributor

Windows 8 Pro x64

Retired

Sorry - what OS on the BlackBerry?

--
Contributor

Oh sorry, it's a blackberry Z10 10.0.9.348. OS Version 10.0.9.2372