Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
NareshPalle
My Device: non-BlackBerry user
Accepted Solution

NFC Interaction between BB10 and Windows Phone 8

[ Edited ]

HI

NFC Peer to Peer communication is not happening between BB10 and Nokia Lumia 820(Window Phone 8).

communication is made by using SNEP Protocol.

My application in BB10 able to receive the data from Windows Phone, but application in windows phone 8 is not receiving the data from BB10 when app in BB10 trying to write the data on to it.

Application in WIndows Phone 8 works fine (to receive and write data) when i tap with BB 7.1 (Curve) Mobile, is not working with BB10.

app in BB10 works fine with all BB mobiles, problem comes only with Windows phone 8. But i could not face this kind problem with BB7.1.

Problem comes only when i tap BB10 with Windows phone 8.

If any issue is existed in BB10 app, it should not work with BB mobiles also,

If any  issue is existed in Windows Phone 8 App, it won't work with BB 7.1 mobiles also.

I'm not  coming to the solution where problem is existed.

Please let me know where is the issue?

Retired
robbieDubya
My Device: Q10

Re: NFC Interaction between BB10 and Windows Phone 8

Hi,

This might be worth reporting at https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/jira

If you can reproduce the issue and then capture logs with BlackBerry Link to attach to the issue you create, that should help the development team.

Thank you.

--
Rob is no longer associated with BlackBerry.
Retired
mwoolley
My Device: Z10

I have a Nokia Lumia 820 and am also experiencing odd results, just using standard applications such as contacts and photos. I'll report this to our development team and request an investigation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Retired
mwoolley
My Device: Z10

Hi

I got a more or less immediate response from the BlackBerry NFC dev team. There are a number of known issues, all rooted in problems with the Lumia device. I'm told that NFC P2P initiated Bluetooth Connection handover on the Lumia is not compliant with the NFC Forum specification. In addition, there's an issue whereby the Lumia P2P server crashes when used with BlackBerry 10. Again, our engineers are adamant the problem is with the Lumia. BlackBerry 10 P2P works fine with Android devices and other Nokia devices.

Regards

Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Contributor
NareshPalle
My Device: non-BlackBerry user

Thanks for giving valuable reply. I'll let them(Nokia People) know about issue.