Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
jiwengang
My Device: Bold 9650

Native App: Camera : Eye Detection

Hi Folks,

I attended the Blackberry 10 Jam event and was extremely impressed by the Camera feature in new BB10. i.e. find the closed eyes and replace it with open eyes. so that everyone on the picture is smiling with eyes open.

Can I check if there is some existing library in BB10 Alpha Dev or any way to find out if there is functions to do eye dections already?

Just figured that if it is there, probably should not re-invent the wheel.

Any input is appreciated! Cheers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please try and support my app in AppWorld!: Facade
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Native App: Camera : Eye Detection

The basis for that feature is the "burst mode" capability, which you should find information about in the new camera APIs. That's what lets the camera sample many still images quickly, so there's ample source data to choose from in building the "improved" image.

There's no sample for that yet, and I'm sure there's lots more that needs to be done on top of the foundation provided by burst mode, in terms of fancy image processing.

I don't expect the full implementation of that feature will actually be available to us through an API, as I believe it's something RIM licensed (and possibly for use only in the system camera app), but I could be wrong about that.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.