Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
wayneuroda
My Device: Not Specified

Native SDK update fails

Hi,

I am seeing an error when I try to update the SDK. I am running latest NDK (downloaded Jan 4, installer-bbndk-bb10_0_09-win32-1673-201212072306-201212091625.exe) under windows 7 32bit.

When I first started the QNX IDE, it seemed to have no blackberry specific features installed. I followed the advice here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/Clean-Install-QNX-Momentics-IDE-but-No-S...

And that fixed that particular problem.

I have started bbndk_admin.bat as both regular user and administrator (installed to C:\dev\bbndk). Both regular user and administrator gives the following error message (after successfully starting the native SDK upgrade): 

http://imgur.com/g5Are

I suspect a file permissions problem.

Is a log file generated during this process?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joemoulding
My Device: Developer

Re: Native SDK update fails

I was having this issue. In the end it worked when I ran the installer as Admin, and used the default install location (C:\bbndk)

Please use plain text.
New Developer
wayneuroda
My Device: Not Specified

I am trying this now - although since c:\dev\bbndk has no spaces I really expected it to work.

I ran the installer as Administrator, installed to the default location of c:\bbndk.

I then ran (as normal user): 

C:\bbndk\ide\win32\x86\eclipse\qde.exe

(This is what the installer explicity states I should run)

And I get the error "No SDK can be found. Install an SDK to enable QND Momentics features".

I've seen this before as I said in my first post.

Next I run "c:\bbndk\bbndk.bat" (as normal user). It seems to work fine.

Now I am trying the SDK update as before...

And I have the exact same, non-specific error.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joemoulding
My Device: Developer

I tried this again on a different windows 7 PC, and I'm getting that same error message, so ignore my previous reply. I'm now not sure what the solution was - all I know is that on the first PC I was getting the error message (fresh install), and on reinstalling (to the default directory) it worked the second time. Sorry this isn't any help.

Please use plain text.