Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
AVPTI
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
Accepted Solution

NavPane.push/QML Question

In order to have a list item selected and open a new Navigation pane, do I need to alter my QML file or ?

Developer
testinz
My Device: Blackberry 10

Re: NavPane.push/QML Question

If you decide to use QML, it is a simple solution to click and open a Navigation Panel - isTriggered event and nav.push

Developer
AVPTI

Thanks for the answer, but unfortnuately I made a typo in my question (I feel REALLY stupid)

I meant my XML file, instead of QML.

Sorry for the confusion. :Oops:

Developer
bcs925
My Device: PlayBook, DA B, DA C, LE Z10 #102, Q10, Z30

No you wouldn't alter the XML file (assuming that's where your data from you list is being pulled from). The push event code is independent of your data source.
---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

My Built for BlackBerry app: The Dive Plan
Developer
AVPTI

So I have my StandardListItem...have the code for onTouch, but am fuzzy for the next part. I have navigationPane.push, but how do I tell it what to open for each list item?

Developer
bcs925

Actually in that case if you add the page you want to push to in the XML it may be easier for the push. I think I have an example of this at home, I'll check and get back to you.
---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

Developer
AVPTI

That would be awesome!

Developer
bcs925

I checked and my sample was from Beta2 and it no longer works. However you should check out the Stamp Collector sample from RIM, that has what you are looking for.
---