Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
NicoBB
My Device: Z10, Q10

NavigationPane backButtonsVisible bug

[ Edited ]

I got the following problem with the NavPane:

[ A regular NavPane with a couple of pages gets stripped using remove until a single page remains. Note that I always remove the first page to get to the error:

Page *removedPage = browseNavPane->at(0);
        browseNavPane->remove(removedPage);
        delete removedPage; //deleteLater same results

On the remaining page cannot possibly show backButtons {EDITED: the ActionBar cannot be revealed} even if afterwards you get some buttons to "manually" do it. Odd is also the fact that in the console you get the backButtonsVisible.

However if you would push + pop another page then your backButtons {EDITED: the ActionBar} will be revealed. ]

Can I get some help on this one please?

If you find an answer helpful hit Like. If your problem was solved hit Accept as Solution.

My Apps: SanQuiz
Please use plain text.
Retired
PBernhardt
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: NavigationPane backButtonsVisible bug

What error exactly are you getting?

Are you sure you want to just remove the bottom page on the stack like that? TBH, I'm not really sure what's expected to happen if you do that. What are you trying to achieve? If you are trying to navigate to a specific page, you should use navigateTo instead.

Paul Bernhardt
Application Development Consultant
BlackBerry
@PBernhardt

Did this answer your question? Please accept this post as the solution.
Found a bug? Report it to the Developer Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
NicoBB

The error: ActionBar is not visible for the remaining page of the navPane.

In my app the NavPane is part of a TabbedPane and is important that the only remaining page of the NavPane has the ActionBar visible.

I guess it's not so important the way we handle the navigation or how we reach the error using regular options if no leaks occur. If the problem described can be reproduced by others this is a bug and should be solved.
Also it might sound obvious or implicit, but there is no mention in the documentation that the only page of a NavPane cannot be removed/popped etc. You could get stuck on this one for a while :smileyhappy:

Just wanted to show an error otherwise I can find a couple of solutions out of the problem (I could force solve the problem by deleting the whole NavPane and replacing it with a new one etc.)

If you find an answer helpful hit Like. If your problem was solved hit Accept as Solution.

Please use plain text.
Developer
NicoBB

OK got it ... "Found a bug? Report it to the Developer Issue Tracker" :smileyhappy: Thanks

Please use plain text.