Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
pepe_ugalde
My Device: Developer
Accepted Solution

Need PlayReady tips

Hi guys

I need to develop an app with PlayReady streaming.

I got some test links (can't share them) but a blank screen appeared when I opened them, then I found this page:

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/playreadydrm/

Apparently you need a special permission if you want to use PlayReady, so I submitted the form a couple of days ago, and I'm still waiting for an answer.

My question is if any of you have successfully implemented PlayReady, and what would be the steps to take.

I'd like to know:

- what kind of permission is given (if it's a special key file I have to download or the permission is BB server-side or something)

- if a special development must be made, or you just pass the URLs (for example, supposedly HLS was supported, but we had to develop a mini in-app server to handle the SSL handshakes)

Thanks in advance

Pepe

Retired
s_rashid
My Device: Bold

Re: Need PlayReady tips

Hi @pepe_ugalde,

I have inquired around to escalate the PlayReady form requests and by now, all the form requests should have been responded to accordingly (to the requesting company). If you haven't received any answers yet, do let us know. I'm closing off this forum post for now.

Cheers,
Rashid

Application Development Consultant | Developer Relations

BlackBerry
@surashid