Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
vikaspushkar
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: 8105719270

Need help in headless project

i created a headless project for my app(which contains app_mod1, module-2 and some library l1,l2,l3)  but i have few question on that

The UI (UI_PRO) part of project invokes the headless (Head_PRO) part of the project and this Head_PRO invokes my app module (app_mod1) which use module-2 during run time and app_mod1 and module-2 uses some libraries l1, l2, l3.

given above, do i need to add app_mod1, module-2, l1,l2,l3 in Head_PRO or in UI_PRO bar_descriptor module.

Here i tried doing both but when i add app_mod1, module-2.....etc to Head_PRO it never comes on device as a part of package only UI_PRO, Head_PRO comes ( even in this case i dont know how UI_PRO would invoke Head_PRO though, it'll be very helpful if you tell me).

and when i tried putting app_mod1, module-2, ... etc to UI_PRO bar_descriptor it gives me and an error could not find entry point( i have defined these entry point though) and nothing happens.

I will appreciate if some could post a sample bardescriptor for the UI_PRO and HEAD_PRO.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
RSperanza
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Need help in headless project

Due to the way projects are built, you need to include at least the main executable for the headless app in the HEAD_PRO bar descriptor.  Everything else should be in the UI PRO bar descriptor.  It should contain the UI app assets, the headless app assets, and any shared library assets both need to load at runtime.  The reason for this is that this is the UI PRO bar is the only bar file that you actually deploy for both the UI and headless app and they both share the same app directory.

Try that out and update the thread on what happens.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
vikaspushkar
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: 8105719270

Re: Need help in headless project

Thanks

I will try n let u know :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.