Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
felfert
My Device: none
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

Need help with requesting a code signing key

Hi,

Unfortunately a forum search didn't reveal anything and since I can't find any way to report problems with RIM's developer website, so here we go...:

As a first time dev, I just downloaded the SDK and emulator, the tried to go thru the "getting started" doc. As first step, it says:

"Request permission to sign BlackBerry Tablet OS applications by completing the web form at
http://developer.blackberry.com/native/beta/signingkey . After your application is accepted, you
receive two CSJ registration files by email. One file allows you to configure your keystore to sign applications; the other file allows you to create debug tokens. Each file arrives in a separate email
with information about the purpose of the file attached."

Well and that's where I'm stuck already: After filling that form, when I hit the submit button, all I get is:

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier '/' in
/opt/sites/native/app/libs/sanitize.php on line 451
Cannot redirect! Headers have already been sent!

So apparently some PHP-guy didn't properly test his form validation code.

The sad thing:

The only link I could find for website feedback was. at http://us.blackberry.com/contact/ (mailto link webmaster@blackberry.net). And sending a report to that address just resulted in a (useless) canned response, saying that the mail was not delivered and i should find an alternative support option (Followed by various product related links).

Well: I don't have a problem with any products like SDKs, software, devices.... my prob is the RIM website itself!

So hopefully some RIM staff reads this and can direct me to the proper departement....

Clueless

-Fritz

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mzettler
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Need help with requesting a code signing key

Felfert,

I'm getting the same error.

I've retried dozens of times in the last 3 days, with both firefox 9.0.1 and IE 9.0.8.

Please help.

Getting started to develop for the Playbook is proving very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
samyotte
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi folks,

we're aware of the issue and working to resolve.  Should be addressed very shortly.  In the mean time, you can order keys directly here  https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/

form looks slightly different but its tied to the same backend system and will get you the same keys

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
felfert
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Perfect! That worked :Clap:

Thanks a lot

-Fritz

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mzettler
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin

Yes submission work for me as well using this URL.

Thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.