Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
mwoolley
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Network information

You're welcome. I hope I can find out what you need. FYI I've escalated this to the senior product manager at our head office in Canada. Fingers crossed :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
mwoolley
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Network information

It's not possible to give you a definitive answer to this. Whatever the content of the network name field returned by the API, it will be a reasonable value and in accordance with operator standards and rules. In that sense it will most certainly "work". But the results may vary according to the network roamed upon, the SIM card in the handset and the radio technology (GSM/3G/CDMA etc). This is not a BlackBerry issue per se, it's how the pertinent telecomms standards work and how the carriers want their network names to be displayed.

All the best

Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Please use plain text.