Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry RED Z10
My Carrier: WiFi
Accepted Solution

New Project - Pasted Same Code - Error Signing Target Keys & Package Name

[ Edited ]

I have a new computer (from Windows to Mac) and for some reason my app had a lot of errors and in order for me to fix them I just created a new project and pasted the contents to the new project and no more errors and I can run it on my device, problem is when I wanted to sign it I get the error

Error: Code signing request failed because the Invoke-Target-Key [com.nemory.Snap2ChatHeadlessService] has been previously used in a different package.

Has a solution: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Error-Code-signing-request-failed-beca...

But not in my case, It's the same app with the same old target keys and package name so I can push an update in bbworld.

I would try to revert back the project and fix the errors but maybe there's a different solution? How can I fix this please?

Edit: I tried renaming all target keys appended "1" in each and it worked and I can sign. And another much bigger problem is when I upload the bar in bbworld I get the error

"File bundle (Snap2ChatProUI-2_3_0_1.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle."

My package id "com.nemory.snap2chat" has never changed and I am updating the right app in bbworld.

Also when I just import the unmodified project that was from windows and compile it, I get an error

Makefile.Debug:321: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: New Project - Pasted Same Code - Error Signing Target Keys & Package Name

Do you have a space between words for the app folder name?

Developer

Thanks bro. There are no spaces in all the folders

Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 3.13.56 PM.jpg

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hmm i've had this before and I wasn't ever able to fix it unfortunately. Good luck with it. I will be keeping in the loop to see how it can be resolved.
Developer

Thanks bro, It's giving me a nightmare now, this is really important to be solved. 

Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Are you using the old format of the keys that are tied to/installed on your machine or the newer format keys that aren't installed? If it's the older format key that you install the file, it creates a database file in a directory under you user name (login) that needs to be copied along with the key file to show it was installed. I can't remember exactly, but I had the same issue once and solved it by copying the whole folder that held the key over to the new pc.
Developer

Do you mean the author.p12? I have not dealt with these problems anymore so I'm not familiar with the key formats you're saying also. So your problem before was migrating your windows blackberry projects to mac osx?

Developer

I solved my own problem.

I replaced the signing keys Momentics IDE Generated with the manual Zip Formatted Signing Keys I backed up before. Now everything is normal. Thank you so much to all.