Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: simulator for now
My Carrier: 6479248005

New to BB Dev - Simulator Password?

I hope I got the proper board to post on.

I installed the BB 10 SDK, The Simulator, the VMWare which coincidently is the same order I installed them as well.  

I hit start new project and it asksfor device setup and I choose the simulator.  I have it running and have the IP but can't find the password.  There was a controller app to set a PIN which I kept the default.  It doesn't work.

Does the sim have some sort of default password or am I missing something?  I tried devuser, 1234FFFF, the other typical default passwords without success.

So far it's been doable to get to this point but everything has been extremely unintuitive overall.

Thanks for any ideas and suggestions.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: New to BB Dev - Simulator Password?

As far as I know simulator does not have password at all. Probably I am wrong here as haven't been working with simulator for quite a while...

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

Latest simulator releases don't have password. Leave password field blank when adding BB target.
New Contributor
My Device: simulator for now
My Carrier: 6479248005

Thanks for the responses.

Unfortunately in the SDK and choosing the simulator in the create project wizard, it autodetects no problem but after clicking next it says authorization failed, need password, I tried a few typical generic ones as well as leaving it blank and nothing is working.

Weird how this is hanging trying out the dev environment.
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Skip target configuration in Wizard. You should be able to add a target in "Targets" view of the NDK.