Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Trusted Contributor
AllSystemGo
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Nine-Slice using the photoshop plugin

I've been looking into nine-slicing some of my image. I followed this doc : https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/design/cascades_exporter/user_guide.html

So I opened the Button_non_textured and I exported it. What I go from the extraction is a png and a tmz file no XML. So I'm quite confused on how to get my aml file or xml file. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for the help.

Developer
lewellyn
My Device: PlayBook, Bold 9650, Dev Alpha A

Re: Nine-Slice using the photoshop plugin

If you open the tmz file, you'll see it's got your xml and png. You should be able to drag the tmz file in, just as the docs suggest. (Look at the "Importing Images" section.)

Someone probably should figure out how to make the docs better, and get RIM to do so. :smileyhappy: (Once you've done it once, the docs are fine... It's that first time...)

Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Like this post too! :smileyvery-happy:
Trusted Contributor
AllSystemGo
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Nine-Slice using the photoshop plugin

Of course you are right! :smileyhappy: Thank you for the explanation. Worked like a charm.

Thank you again