Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
denoted
My Device: Playbook

Nothing to build when in Device-Release mode

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I am just preparing to submit our first app to App World later this week.  I am just doing our first release build to make sure that it will go smoothly when our we finish polishing the game this week.

I followed the steps for exporting the app as described here.

The problem is that I see this warning: 'Source file of asset "OurGameName" does not exist'.  Ignoring the warning and trying to export anyway I get the error:

Packaging failed:1

Error: Invalid asset path "Device-Release/foo"

(Time of error: April 23, 2012 4:05:19 PM GMT-06:00

In the bar-descriptor.xml file I have <asset path="Device-Release/foo" entry="true" type="Qnx/Elf">OurGameName</asset>

I tried doing a build in Device-Release mode without using the export process, but all I get is:

**** Build of configuration Device-Release for project foo ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build               ****

Nothing to build for foo

Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem is?  The project builds and runs fine in Device-Debug mode.

Thanks,

Dave

Developer
xsacha
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Re: Nothing to build when in Device-Release mode

Can you make sure your project is set up for Device-Release as well? Unfortunately changes you make only seem to happen for the active configuration.

Example: This project exhibits the same issue: https://github.com/jtokarchuk/mupen64plus-pb
New Contributor
denoted
My Device: Playbook

Thanks for your reply.  After looking again I realized that my source directory was not added for the Device-Release configuration.  It's kind of annoying that it wasn't added for all configurations when I added it for Device-Debug.

Dave

Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook

There is (All configurations) build configuration. If you add your assets there they will appear in all configs.