Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Reply
Contributor
stevenhaggerty
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎03-03-2012
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Blackberry
Accepted Solution

Nothing to build.

Hi,

 

I have 2 directories of source code, one for my platform independent app code, and one for my game engine.

I've added them as source code "linked resources" to my project. When I build my app I just get the message:

 

**** Rebuild of configuration Device-Debug for project GLWGBB ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
Nothing to build for GLWGBB

 

They do show up on the project->paths and Symbols->Source location.

 

cleaning the project doesn't make any difference neither does adding a #error in the code, it's just not getting compiled.

 

Any ideas?

 

Thanks,

 

Steve.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven Haggerty,
Rubicon Development ( http://www.rubicondev.com/ )
Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
Posts: 1,068
Registered: ‎11-24-2011
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: Nothing to build.

I am not sure "linked resourses" is a proper way to import source code.

Try right click on src folder of your project and Import->File System and going to your source code folders...

Please use plain text.
Developer
aykarthik
Posts: 187
Registered: ‎08-13-2008
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Nothing to build.

Without clean or  change the source code. it says like this. its not error.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stevenhaggerty
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎03-03-2012
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Blackberry

Re: Nothing to build.

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the replies!

 

BGmot: Shared resourses work fine. I need to share generic code that is being changed by other people, so having my own copy of the code by importing this way wouldn't work. Thanks anyway.

 

aykarthik:I realise if you change nothing, then there will be nothing to build, that's why I added : 

"cleaning the project doesn't make any difference neither does adding a #error in the code, it's just not getting compiled." 

 

It turns out the problem was due to my sourcefiles having uppercase .CPP and .H extensions, this is an issue on case sensitive platforms like Ubuntu. The builder was not recognising these filetypes as sourcecode.

 

Renaming the extensions to lower case fixes the problem. I realise there are ways of registering new file extensions, but for future proofing on other platforms, renaming is a better solution.

 

Steve.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven Haggerty,
Rubicon Development ( http://www.rubicondev.com/ )
Please use plain text.