Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
10soft
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 123456789
Accepted Solution

NotificationGlobalSettings modeChanged signal doesn't work after reboot

Hi,

I am testing this on the SDK OS 10.2.1.1927 for my Dev Alpha C. My app is headless long running no stop. The signal and slot work perfectly from the time deploying app onto device. My slot gets called anytime there is change made to the Notification Mode of the phone.

But once the device reboots, for whatever reason. The headless starts running, the signal and slot is THEORY connected, because i use the bool to check if the connection succeeds. And yes it returned true for the connect.

But actually, my slot doesn't get called at all. All changes made can't be received. Anyone get the same issue?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
Kareem_ELSayed
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat UAE

Re: NotificationGlobalSettings modeChanged signal doesn't work after reboot

First, Have you submitted the request form to get permission to sign long running headless apps, and had it approved?

if not, I'd suggest you apply for the permission here, https://developer.blackberry.com/jam/headless/

Thanks,
Kareem.
Kareem ELSayed | Application Development Consultant | Developer Relations | BlackBerry | Twitter:@kemobyte
Please use plain text.
Developer
10soft

[ Edited ]

Mine was approved to be long running no stop , and it worked correctly on 10.2.1.1055. Only 1259, 1925 leaked OS and 1927 SDK OS have issue.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
Kareem_ELSayed
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat UAE

Have you tried testing other sample headless app on the same device running the latest OS? Just to see if it's app related issue or not.
Kareem ELSayed | Application Development Consultant | Developer Relations | BlackBerry | Twitter:@kemobyte
Please use plain text.
Developer
10soft

Some other samples work properly, only my NotoficationGlobalSettings signal doesn't "after reboot". But it worked on the leaked OS 10.2.1.1055, that's weird. 

After a reboot, the return value of the connect is true, which usually means successfuly connected. But nothing can be received in my slot. This is really weird.

Please use plain text.
Developer
10soft

Ok, got it fixed. I don't know if BlackBerry will fix this in the OS or not but in case you need it, then the alternative work around is to delay the connect.

Delay the connect call to connect this signal modeChanged(bb::smileytongue:latform::NotificationMode::Type) to your slot which handles stuff when Global Notification Mode is changed.

In my case, i have tested with 3 seconds delay and it's working properly. After reboot the device, it still works correctly.

Please use plain text.