Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Digicel

OSX / Eclipse / Simulator - Build Errors and Java issues (Gold)

When Eclipse comminicate with the Sim - I get a popup flashing all the time - very annoying. After recording the screen -I found that the popup was to ask "Do you want the application "java" to accept incoming network connections"

In my Firewall options (mac), I have allowed to "automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections",

but still the popup keeps popping up. The only way I have found to get rid of it, is to completely Disable the firewall.

I have the latest versions installed of Fusion, Java, NDK, Simlulator, OSX, - but something is not playing nice with me.

Anyone with similar issues who can guide me to get rid of it, without disabling the firewall?

Warnings in sample apps from github

When importing latest "Cascadescookbookqml" (and other apps) - I get several weird warnings.

If I set target as simulator, I get:

a)"Invalid project path: Duplicate path entries found

b)"Invalid project path: Include path not found /Users/username/ndk-10-0-9-workspace-cascadescookbookqml/Device-debug/   

when I Build the project I get (in bar-descriptor.xml):

c) Attribute "id" is deprecated, please remove

d) unrecognized or misplaced element 'cascadesTheme'

Anyone with info?

I am learning - so please forgive my frustration not knowing what these things mean - but I am unable to find any meaning to the "warnings", and I really want to get this up and running.

New Contributor
My Device: developer
My Carrier: developer

Re: OSX / Eclipse / Simulator - Build Errors and Java issues (Gold)

Hi I have the same warning item in Qde.