Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

PCRE RegExp library on BB10?

Has anyone succeeded in getting the PCRE library running with a BB10 app? I don't really know where to start.

QRegExp is just too limited and I can't wait for QRegularExpression from Qt5.0 to get integrated with BlackBerry 10.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Developer
My Device: Playbook, BB10DevAlphaB

Re: PCRE RegExp library on BB10?

[ Edited ]

That seems a bit old. Just did a quick check, the latest version from http://www.pcre.org/ build just fine with the BB10 SDK, doing the configure & make dance, under linux that is. If you use windows, then I don't know what to do. Anyway, the quick guide below to download and build:

wget ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/pcre-8.33.tar.bz2

tar jxvf pcre-8.33.tar.bz2

. /opt/bbndk/bbndk-env_10_1_0_2354.sh

cd pcre-8.33

./configure --host=arm-unknown-nto-qnx8.0.0eabi

make

After that you should have everything you need, ready to go. Libraries are in .libs (for example, you can cpoy the static .a libraries to your project and link staticaly) and headers you should find in the source tree. Consult the pcre documentation on what headers you need. You should be able to also build with prefix pointing to the sdk, so make install would then install everything so other projects can find it.