Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
AdrianQuartx
My Device: Z10

[PIM Contacts] Documentation Error

For the ContactPostalAddress::subKind() method, AttributeSubKind::Work is listed in the docs as one of the possible values. It should be AttributeSubKind::Business instead.

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/cascades/bb__pim__contacts__contactpostaladdress.h...

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
mwoolley
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: [PIM Contacts] Documentation Error

Could you raise a defect in Jira for this please?

https://www.blackberry.com/jira

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Please use plain text.
Developer
AdrianQuartx

I filed an Issue under 

[Documentation] Error - ContactPostalAddress::subKind() values not correct

but it seems like wrong project, I can only create issue for BB10 and tools

Please use plain text.
Developer
AdrianQuartx

I saw that you closed the issue, what i meant was the documentation was wrong. If you go and check the description for
 ContactPostalAddress::subKind() , you find this:

Retrieves the sub-kind of this ContactPostalAddress.

The valid sub-kinds of a ContactPostalAddress are AttributeSubKind::Home, AttributeSubKind::Work, or AttributeSubKind::smileysurprised:ther.

Return:

The sub-kind of this ContactPostalAddress.

Since:

BlackBerry 10.0.0

What i meant that it should be :
The valid sub-kinds of a ContactPostalAddress are AttributeSubKind::Home, AttributeSubKind::Business, ,AttributeSubKind::Work, or AttributeSubKind::smileysurprised:ther.

Cheers :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
AdrianQuartx

What i though is weird is as If contacts are added through UI, when u add a postal address under the Work dropdown list when editing contact, subkind is always Business and not work, why is that so

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
mwoolley
My Carrier: Vodafone

Sorry, I see what you mean now. Yes, it looks like the documentation for subkind() is a little out of date. I'll get this changed.

All the best

Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Please use plain text.