Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z10

[PIM] Notebook QDateTime vs Message QDateTime Inconsistancies

As above, I tried getting the QDateTimes of the created, duedate and reminder methods for NotebookEntry.

All returns me the QDateTime.

However, it seems to be already formatted according to the local date time.

For example, my device is +0800, i set duedate at Wed Oct 30 09:00:00 2013 (creating entry on device usnig remember me app).
If i retrieve NotebookEntry::dueDateTime.toString() , it gives me Wed Oct 30 09:00:00 2013

When i do NotebookEntry::dueDateTime.utcOffset, it returns 0. Shouldnt it be 8?

Or is it the case that when a new task is created using rememberme app, the datetimes choosen are in UTC time (offset 0) rather then offset 8 (in my case).

This is very weird behavior, as i recall when using the PIM MESSAGES API, the message.serverreceiveddate returns the message datetime in offset 0 , for example , message receieved on Wed Oct 30 09:00:00 2013 +0800
when using the message api, the serverdatetime returns Wed Oct 30 01:00:00 2013 (utc offset 0).

Shouldnt it be the case here? Even though you guys have different development teams for different portions of the API, shouldnt the format be consistant??

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10

Re: [PIM] Notebook QDateTime vs Message QDateTime Inconsistancies

BUMP~