Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

PLEASE READ THIS: Prepare to log in using BlackBerry ID

As discussed in the blog article BlackBerry ID: One login to rule them all, authentication for these forums, Issue Tracker and BlackBerry Jam Zone is being unified using BlackBerry ID.  This change is being implemented tonight. 

Here is what you can do to ensure you have a smooth transition.

1. If you don’t yet have a BlackBerry ID account:
    1. Go to https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/ and create a new account.
    2. Verify the email address
    3. If you have created a BlackBerry ID account but have not yet verified your email address:
      1. Look in your inbox for an email from donotreply@blackberry.com
      2. Open it and verify your BlackBerry ID
      3. If you are unsure if a BlackBerry ID account or if it’s been verified:
        1. Go to https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/,
        2. Enter your email address and hit ‘Sign In’ – The system will either tell you that the account doesn’t exist or if it does exist to go verify your account (and resend the verify email) .

After the upgrade tonight is complete logging into for these forums, Issue Tracker or BlackBerry Jam Zone will trigger a wizard to walk you through associating your BlackBerry ID account with your BlackBerry Jam Zone account.

Known Issue – Session Timeout when Creating a BlackBerry ID account while logging into BlackBerry Jam Zone, Issue Tracker or forums for the first time (after we upgrade).

If you attempt to create and verify a BlackBerry ID account during your first login (after we upgrade), the wizard that associates your BlackBerry ID account with your BlackBerry Jam Zone account could display a session timeout error.

Workaround – Use a different browser to verify your BlackBerry ID or browse back to the BlackBerry Jam Zone login page after verifying your BlackBerry ID account and log in fresh.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: PLEASE READ THIS: Prepare to log in using BlackBerry ID

Mark, I logged out of Jam Zone and then logged in using BBID. That worked, and gave me a second page that asked me to specify my old Jam Zone login as well so they could be associated. I did that and then was fully logged in. I assume that's the "wizard" you mentioned...

I can now log in for Jira or Jam Zone using BBID, but it doesn't appear the forum login page respects that yet. That page didn't let me enter an email address (BBID) for my user name, but does let me log in still using peter9477.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Also, if I'm logged out of Jira and try to pull up a bookmarked ticket URL, it redirects me to a login form that does not respect the BBID either. I can still log in using the old account though.

So was the transition only partial so far? Is this all expected behaviour?

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

We're aware of the issue with the forum and are working on that.  I'll look into the Issue Tracker problem.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker