Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Visitor
nebulaquest
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

Package and run application on Visual Studio

I'm trying to compile and run a basic and native BB10 application (CubeRotation) on Visual Studio and the simulator.

I'm able to compile it, but when I launch it (via F5 key), I have this error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\BlackBerry\Microsoft.Cpp.BlackBerry.Packager.targets(174,5): error MSB4044: The "WriteDebuggerArgs" task was not given a value for the required parameter "Device".

The simulator is running, and in the menu Blackberry/Settings, I entered the correct simulator ip. I left the simulator password blank. The device ip and password are also blank.

No bar file have been generated. I did not change any option in project package properties.

If I put the simulator ip into the the device ip (in the menu Blackberry/Settings), I have this error message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\BlackBerry\Microsoft.Cpp.BlackBerry.Packager.targets(109,5): error MSB4044: The "BBNativePackager" task was not given a value for the required parameter "OutputFile".

Please use plain text.