Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
A7omic
My Device: Playbook

Packaging failed:1 Error (DosBox)

Hi,

I have compiled DosBox and all of its dependencies and I have no errors however when I perform run as->Blackberry Tablet OS C/C++ Application I receive the following error: 

Packaging failed:1
Error: Attribute Entry-Point: file cannot be found in the list of packaged files: dosbox  

Can anyone explain what this error means? Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Additionally can anyone tell me where to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH?  I am using the Windows NDK.

Thank You! 

Contributor
A7omic

Re: Packaging failed:1 Error (DosBox)

i have added LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the projects Environment properties which has solved my issue. I am now able to package using the debug tokens and load to my device and it runs.

I do get some errors when it loads that I have yet to determine what effect they have but at least it is currently running.

SetVideoMode: 640x400 32bpp
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "sdl-controls.xml"
Unable to parse control file sdl-controls.xml
SetVideoMode: 640x400 32bpp

Contributor
A7omic

[ Edited ]

I was able to start some games(simcity, skateordie, warcraft2) and I have input with the keyboard but none of the touch inputs are working so I wonder if touchoverlay is working properly or if the above sdl-countrols errors has something to do with that.

Contributor
meltbox360
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I got dosbox running, I also got it to export. However the signed app crashes on startup. I can only get it to run with a debug token. No clue whats going on.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
elena_laskavaia
My Device: PlayBook

Check that you are not trying to write back to "app" folder which is read-only in production mode.

Contributor
A7omic

Is there an error log that we can check on the PB to see what the issue is?  devuser does not have permission to access /var/log so I don't know if there is anything in there or not and I guess even if there is I cannot access it.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
elena_laskavaia
My Device: PlayBook

Can you describe what is "application crashes" means? Do you have a core file? If yes you can do postmortem debugging to see what happened. If app does not start (or hang on startup) - it is another issue