Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Simulator 10.2
My Carrier: Telcel

Picture Editor(I guess) issue on BB Simulator 10.2: Target was not found

Hi

I´m facing a problem when I set the imageCropEnabled property of a FilePicker to true

The problem comes when I select an image, because the FilePicker shows a toast with the text: "Target was not found"

As I wrote in the subject of this message, I´m using the BB Simulator 10.2. I think this is because the simulator doesn´t have the service installed. I´m a beginner so this is only a supossition. I hope you can help me with any idea about make this feature work propertly in the Simulator.

Thank you guys.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Picture Editor(I guess) issue on BB Simulator 10.2: Target was not found

You're correct about that. Same thing happens with my Dev Alpha C running the beta OS, since it also lacks the editor.

Only real option is to have a flag (e.g. property bool testMode: true), maybe on your root component, which you check before setting that imageCropEnabled property. QML property binding would let you then just do imageCropEnabled: !root.testMode (assuming your root component had "id: root" on it, which is a widely followed convention).

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!