Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Retired
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Playbook 2.0 NDK Update Errors - Cannot get the 2.0 Update.

I'm taking a close look on this one - I'll post a follow-up ASAP with more info.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook

i fail to understand why you are defending this type of lack of support. 

A particular service is obviously not working, as others have complained of the same thing, and there is nothing posted on the NDK link indicating that it is not working.

They are asking for developers to submit apps by a particular date. The least they can do is to update the link with a header saying this service is not functional, instead of wasting developers' time. or resolve it so that it works.

I really do not think that is too much to ask. We are, like others, trying to support RIM here. 

New Contributor

Thank you very much - Really appreciate it. Let me know if you need any personal particulars. Just drop me a message.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Hey thinkitup01, if your message was to me then first of all I am not defending RIM. Secondly I just wanted you to be aware that your issue might not be resolved within reasonable time, that is it.

Take a look at this thread http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/reports-not-working-again/m-... . The issue seemed obvious too, and for many users :-(

Retired

[ Edited ]

Update: still on it. We are about to attempt a dry-run on the fix but still no ETA.

I apologize for this issue, if it wasn't you guys posting about it on the forums maybe this would take even longer.

Thanks a lot for the patience and support.

EDIT (4:15pm EST): just followed up with the incident team and they seem to be close.

Retired

[ Edited ]

It seems to be working now.

Please go ahead and give it a try (https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/native/beta/ ).

After a minute or two and check "Software Updates" tab. The download should be available really fast today.

My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: ATT

Fsimoes,

It is working, I just did it. I had been looking for a soltuion as well. Just came across here before I tried again. Happy to see the quick turn around. If all else fails customer service is the best thing you can strive for. No matter the product line. 

I recieved one of the playbooks from a government contracting company. Black berry is the only approved tablet for use with the government. We just need to work a bit harder on content, merger with android apps and some work on the processing power. Otherwise, solid device. 

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800/Playbook
My Carrier: Sasktel

Re: Playbook 2.0 NDK Update Errors

Confirmed its working again. Got the update within seconds. Thanks!
New Contributor

Tha's great! works!  Thanks very much.

Highlighted
Retired

[ Edited ]

Glad to help. There is a lot going on with the web folks these days; it was related to upgrades in our structure - like the new front page (take a look at http://developer.blackberry.com just went live yesterday).

Once again our apologies for this episode - we understand the frustration it caused to many developers - and thanks for all the engagement and support.