Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
robtraf
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Populate GroupDataModel

I have successfully called an API via HTTP call. Returns a Json map, as example - 

{"results":[{"name":"Gambaro's MG Bar","id":"12908049","primaryContacts":[{"value":"(07) 3369 4533","type":"PHONE"}],"aboutId":"b7e9731db6dae4783da222aa8183153324a966a4d6bc9ba604d789f9275fb05f","hasExposureProducts":false,"listingType":"Business","reportingId":"eyJzb3VyY2UiOiJZRUxMT1ciLCJwcm9kdWN0SWQiOiIyNzg3Mjg2NTAiLCJwcm9kdWN0VmVyc2lvbiI6IjIifQ","primaryAddress":{"state":"QLD","type":"PHYSICAL","geoCodeGranularity":"PROPERTY","latitude":"-27.4644","longitude":"153.0126","suburb":"Petrie Terrace","postcode":"4000","addressLine":"33 Caxton St"},"categories":[{"name":"Bars","id":"10472","sensitive":false}],"detailsLink":"http://www.yellowpages.com.au/qld/petrie-terrace/gambaros-mg-bar-12908049-listing.html?referredBy=TA...","pureMobileBusiness":false},{"name":"St Pauls on Leichhardt","id":"14312179","primaryContacts":[{"value":"(07) 3831 8288","type":"PHONE"},{"value":"manager1@stpauls.com.au","type":"EMAIL"},............and so on.

I have also successfully parsed the Json map and created new GroupDataModel m_model. I have inserted the following code: 

m_model->insert(jsonData.value("results").toMap());

I believe I have inserted the whole Json into the GroupDataModel?

For example, if I wanted to extract the following from the parsed Json data -

name:smileyfrustrated:t Pauls on Leichhardt

value:smileysad:07)3831 8288

What is the required code to populate my GroupDataModel?

If I need extra code, could somebody please help as I have come to a halt in my application.

Back in my QML, I have all the correct code to handle display of ListItemData.

Thank you.

Developer
kanaksony
My Device: BB 10 Dev Alpha

Re: Populate GroupDataModel

Hi,

"Results" in your JSOn is a List and not a Map. So, replace

m_model->insert(jsonData.value("results").toMap());

with 

m_model->insertList( jsonData.value("results").toList() );

Now, you will have a list of Maps, in your datamodel. You can simply use ListItemData.name and others..

Regards,
Kanak Sony
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://dodevelopnshare.wordpress.com/ | http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=188131481&trk=tab_pro
Developer
robtraf
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Populate GroupDataModel

Thank you. Works good.

In my QML I have ListItemData.name -(returns the name ok)

If I use ListItemData.value - it returns message, Unable to assign [undefined] to Qstring.

What do I need to complete ListItemData. with so that I can return the phone number which resides in primaryContacts?