Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
aludin
My Device: BB10

Porting iOS app, wrapping Objective C

Hello,

I am currently porting an application from iOS to BB10 and would like to reuse core business logic written in Objective C. By looking at the following article on the developer site, it seems that you can wrap Objective C types and call them from C++ using the Pimpl idiom: 

http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/getting_started/porting/objccpp.html

However, it is not explained how to compile the code (obviously you will have compile a mixed language project). My understanding is that qcc does not support Objective C?

Any clarifications would be appreciated,

thanks!

Anwar

Developer
kamalakshan
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook

Re: Porting iOS app, wrapping Objective C

<p>When porting you wont be using the Objective C code as it is you would be reqriting it in cpp by creating a wrapper. In which case you can compile the code using BB10 Native SDK. You can refer to the "shortcut to wrapping objective C objects" in article referred by BB10 SDK philjordan.eu/article/mixing-objective-c-c++-and-objective-c++
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Contributor
daxfrost
My Device: Z10

Re: Porting iOS app, wrapping Objective C

I have referred to that article, and the BB docs, and I have to disagree until there is some clarity.

It seems this is not explained correctly in the BlackBerry documentation, they refer to turning off ARC to build in Xcode in the docs? And this article in question also shows Objective C code wrapped and built using Xcode.

I have added my own comment on the developer docs at the bottom: http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/dev/ios_porting/objccpp.html

BlackBerry developers? Could you please clarify...